||How It Works
An online boutique using a BoutiqueMama.com Web Template requires three elements:
1. domain + 2. web hosting/shopping cart + 3. template
Web Hosting/Shopping Cart
A domain name is the "address" of your new online boutique. You may register your domain with a registrar such as GoDaddy.com.
Your web host is like a "landlord" for your web template, graphics, photos, text, etc. You will pay a monthly fee to your web hosting provider to "house" your online store on their server. Your new web host will install a site-builder / shopping cart which enable you to add and maintain your own products, categories, photos and text.
Your purchased BoutiqueMama.com Web Template will function as the design framework for the sitebuilder / shopping cart that your new host will install on your web hosting account.
Design Process: Just starting out
Building and launching your online boutique is as easy as 1-2-3 when you purchase a BoutiqueMama.com Web Template and set up web hosting with one of our Web Hosting Providers. The steps involved are outlined below.
- Step 1 ~ Register your domain with a registrar such as GoDaddy.com.
- Step 2 ~ Purchase your monthly web hosting account with one of our Approved Web Hosting Providers.
- Step 3 ~ Purchase your BoutiqueMama.com Web Template. Customization requests must be submitted to BoutiqueMama.com for approval prior to making your purchase.
- Step 4 ~ Provide your web hosting login information to BoutiqueMama.com. This information is needed so we are able to log into your account to install your template. You are free to begin adding your products, pages, photos and text to your site at this point.
- Step 5 ~ On your scheduled project date your template will be installed and you will be notified via email.
If you have a store open hosted by a BoutiqueMama.com Web Hosting Provider and just want a new template, BoutiqueMama.com will simply deactivate your current template and activate the new template you purchased.
If you currently have a store open online that is not hosted by a BoutiqueMama.com Web Hosting Provider but plan to switch your hosting, you can notify your new host that you would like to keep your current store open while you stock your new store. Your new host will set up a temporary site for you to add your content and when you are ready to launch will assist you with pointing the nameservers on your domain to your new site.
If you do not wish to host with one of our Approved Web Hosting Providers, you may purchase the base html and graphics. However, it is important that you review our Self-Installation Page prior to purchase.
We will be happy to answer any questions you may have via email. Feel free to contact us and we will respond via email within one business day.